Welcome to the Digital Atlas of Ancient Life
We need your support
Continued development and maintenance of the Digital Atlas of Ancient Life and the Paleontological Research Institution's (PRI's) broader [email protected] project depends on support from visitors like you.
Donations of any amount are welcome.
October 30, 2020
The bivalve chapter of the Digital Encyclopedia is now online.
July 24, 2020
The Echinoderm chapter of the Digital Encyclopedia is now complete.
June 4, 2020
A page on leaf structure and evolution has been added to the Embryophtes (land plants) chapter.
Regional field guides to fossils
Topics online now:
- Nature of the Fossil Record
- Geological Time
- Evolution and the Fossil Record
- Conservation Paleobiology
- Phylum Porifera (sponges)
- Phylum Cnidaria, Order Rugosa (rugose corals)
- Phylum Cnidaria, Order Tabulata (tabulate corals)
- Phylum Cnidaria, Order Scleractinia
- Phylum Brachiopoda (brachiopods)
- Phylum Bryozoa
- Phylum Mollusca, Class Gastropoda (gastropods)
- Phylum Mollusca, Class Bivalvia (bivalves)
- Phylum Mollusca, Class Cephalopoda (cephalopods)
- Phylum Echinodermata (echinoderms)
- Phylum Chordata (chapter in progress)
- Embryophytes (land plants, chapter in progress)
- Angiosperms (flowering plants, chapter in progress)
- Paleontological Methods and Techniques: Photogrammetry