Welcome to the Digital Atlas of Ancient Life
Identify fossils and explore the diversity and history of life on Earth
Nov. 1, 2019
A new page about scleractinian corals (which includes all modern reef-building corals) has been added to the in-progress chapter on the Phylum Cnidaria.
Oct. 25, 2019
Our all new Digital Encyclopedia of Ancient Life chapter about the Phylum Brachiopoda is now live!
Major work on the Cretaceous Atlas of Ancient Life from the Western Interior Seaway is now complete. This Atlas includes images and occurrence information for over 760 invertebrate and vertebrate species.
Topics online now:
- Nature of the Fossil Record
- Geological Time
- Phylum Cnidaria, Order Rugosa (rugose corals)
- Phylum Cnidaria, Order Tabulata (tabulate corals)
- Phylum Cnidaria, Order Scleractinia
- Phylum Brachiopoda (brachiopods)
- Phylum Mollusca, Class Gastropoda (gastropods)
- Phylum Mollusca, Class Cephalopoda (cephalopods)
- Intro to Embryophytes: Origin of land plants, Land plant life cycle, Greek & Latin in botanical terminology
- Angiosperms (flowering plants, chapter in progress)
- Paleontological Methods and Techniques: Photogrammetry